Saturday, May 19, 2007

French Rivera

I dont have much time, I'm at the computer at the hostel we're staying at in Nice, but we just got here, safe and sound. Our hostel overbooked so we're at the one next door, which seems just as nice and 4 euro cheaper a night, so we're not complaining! We plan to be here for about 2 full days, using Nice as our home base and travelling to Monaco, Cannes, and maybe another little town on the Riveria. On the 5 hour train ride here, we read through Rick Steves for the rivera and for spain, and we're not quite sure where in Spain we're going to end up. Nothing really appeals to us particularly at the moment, probably Sevilla sounds like our best option, and then trying to go to some of the smaller towns in Spain before we fly to Italy! Spain is probably where I would choose to spend the least time, Justin wants to spend more time there mostly because he knows the language a bit, which will be a huge help! I have begun trying my best to learn some French. I absolutely love the way it sounds and feels to speak it. On the train I was being a typical American (too loud) practicing my french "I would like a coffee with milk" and got laughed at by the French people sitting near us :)

Today before we left we got in to see the Louve, specifically I wanted to see the famous Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo (sp?). We thought the line would be crazy long but it only took a few minutes! Afterwards we picniced and I got ice cream in the nearby park, Tulieres Gardens (sp?) which were amazingly beautiful and very typical of French gardening - loved it!

Ciao!

No comments: